When you’re on the road, it can become hard to maintain a healthy diet. Quick snacks and ready-made food at truck stops and gas stations are an easy option, but definitely not ideal. To keep your body running as smoothly and efficiently as your rig, here are our top 5 best foods to eat while on the road.
- Fresh Fruits. Before you hit the road, load up with some fresh fruit. Old standby’s like apples, pears, and oranges are great. If you’re bringing a cooler with you, some sliced strawberries or some grapes are fantastic options as well!
- Trail Mix. Filled with dried fruit, granola, and nuts, trail mix gives you the protein you need to feel full, as well as the added benefit of potassium, and vitamin c!
- Water. We know that pop, and juices taste delicious, but at the end of the day water helps with energy, digestion, and your overall health!
- Jar salads. Before you leave, prep a few mason jars with your favourite salad or veggies. When it comes time to have lunch, pop it open, add your favorite dressing, shake it up and you’re ready to eat!
- Quesadillas. Tortillas are a good low-calorie alternative to other kinds of bread, and by adding meat, cheese, and veggies, you can get all the nutrients you need!